About the book The Wonder Within You
A Journey Worth Celebrating - and Remembering
In The Wonder Within You, Carey Wickersham has captured the beautiful, life-changing moments that come throughout nine months of pregnancy. With practical advice, up-to-date information about pregnancy, and plenty of encouragement, she empowers moms-to-be to make better decisions for themselves and their babies. She also joyfully walks alongside the first generation of parents able to actually see each stage of their baby's development.
This book leans into technology that has opened a curtain on the most amazing show on earth. Crystal clear images show how babies in the womb blink, jump, smile, and cry. This hardcover, keepsake book is the perfect gift for yourself and others and includes:
- Amazing 3-D ultrasound images that give you a week-by-week glimpse into what your baby is experiencing during every step of the growth process
- Web links and QR codes that take you to incredible ultrasound videos
- Engaging chapters, each packed with timely advice on health and nutrition
- Fun quotes and memorable stories from other moms
- Space to include your own thoughts and feelings, including letters to your child
- PLUS, an easy-to-use pregnancy calendar with stickers to help you stay organized and keep track of your unique experience
As a seasoned sonographer, she provides images and anecdotes based on 30 years of peering into the womb. She is a fellow of the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and senior member of the American Institute of Ultrasound and Medicine. As a clinical ultrasound educator, her cutting-edge research has been published in numerous medical trade journals. She owns and operates Prenatal Imaging Centers in Kansas City, Missouri and is the mother of two grown children.
Dr. Kristen Wootton
An Obstetrician and Gynecologist who gives advice to readers in the section of each chapter called RX for Health. Dr. Wootton is well-known for her fabulous bedside manner and tremendous ability to translate complicated medical matters into easily understandable answers for her pregnant patients. She is a busy mother of four children. Wootton works at St. Luke's Hospital as a an Ob-Gyn instructor. She is also an Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine and at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences.