Inside the Book The Wonder Within You
Author Carey Wickersham an inside look at her book, The Wonder Within You.
Images from the book The Wonder within You were created from sound waves. They echo a story hidden for millennia. Throughout history, intellects, poets and kings have wondered at the mysteries of God hidden in the womb of woman.
Now technology has opened a curtain on the most amazing show on earth. Crystal clear images of how life begins, grows and matures. Lean forward and observe the intricate knitting together of body, and soul.
Watch these stunning images reveal things our mother's could only dream of. Babies blinking, jumping, smiling, crying. Personalities and preferences even become apparent, if we only pay attention. Sit with a team of experts as we give you a look inside The Wonder Within You.
It's a privileged glimpse you will never forget.
Here/s what you will find inside The Wonder Within You:
- An obstetrician loads each chapter with advice.
- A sonographer gives us incredible 3-D snapshots, 4 -D video and stories from her 30 years of watching babies grow in utero.
- Each chapter includes week-by-week developmental information, findings from recent neonatal studies and even nutritional advice all designed to nurture a healthy baby.
- Read heartwarming stories from other mothers about what their babies did while they were still inside.
- The Wonder Within You also serves as a weekly journal for expectant mothers to chronicle your own baby's journey to life outside the womb. It's a keepsake baby book that begins before birth.
As a seasoned sonographer, she provides images and anecdotes based on 30 years of peering into the womb. She is a fellow of the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and senior member of the American Institute of Ultrasound and Medicine. As a clinical ultrasound educator, her cutting-edge research has been published in numerous medical trade journals. She owns and operates Prenatal Imaging Centers in Kansas City, Missouri and is the mother of two grown children.
Dr. Kristen Wootton
An Obstetrician and Gynecologist who gives advice to readers in the section of each chapter called RX for Health. Dr. Wootton is well-known for her fabulous bedside manner and tremendous ability to translate complicated medical matters into easily understandable answers for her pregnant patients. She is a busy mother of four children. Wootton works at St. Luke's Hospital as a an Ob-Gyn instructor. She is also an Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine and at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences.